Monday, November 7, 2011

Our generation is fucked up

I was minding my own business on Facebook, when an old, male acquaintance "friend requested" me.

Yes, this is the 21st century and that is now a verb. Get over it.

He sent a friendly message that was meant to be nostalgic, with the usual "Hey, remember years back when..."

After I repeatedly punched the backspace key over my original response of "Yes of course I remember insignificant details about things I stopped giving a fuck about please tell me more", I replied with a polite "Haha yes! Those were the days! :-)"

Complete with insincere emoticon and all.

Since I'm fake and I can't bear the thought of acting rudely to an old acquaintance, I was planning on responding to approximately 2 more of his messages before disappearing into oblivion. I was leaving it to chance that he would think I died in front of my computer rather than deciding that browsing repetitive internet jokes would be infinitely more interesting than his insipid... memories.

Fingers crossed.

After I eventually got sucked into the deep hole of "Omg human contact ew" that I love to hide in, I then received his friend request again. Bemused with his reasons behind deleting and re-adding me, I approved him without giving it a second thought.

Next thing I knew, he sent me another message;

"Proud, aren't you? Just deleting me from your friends list ;-) You really think you're hot stuff, huh?"

Uh... sorry what?

Afraid of offending anyone, I took the mature course of action...

Ignore him completely and watch another episode of Dexter.

The next day, I was contacted by a girl. The message was;

"Bitch can you leave my boyfriend alone?! You know we're going to get married in two months, why are you flirting with him!? You whore! You home wrecker!"

Um... I don't even... what?

Long story short, turns out she was one of those typical girlfriends/fiancée that would keep a close watch on her significant other's activities. She was the one whom removed my name from his friends list and was interpreting something out of nothing.

Really, how did you read "Yeah, I wonder how the teachers are too" as "Let's get it on, sexy muthafuckaaaaa ;-x"?

They've probably been at it for some time. Somehow, without any malicious intent whatsoever, I got caught in the crossfire.

Which leaves me to wonder. Why in the world would you read anyone's Facebook messages or give your Facebook password to anyone at all?

We need to turn down the crazy a notch. Leave people like me to their peaceful inner world. No wonder we hate the outside world so much, people like these are marring it with their drama and stupidity. Man, Idiocracy is seriously a window to the future.

World population hit the 7 billion mark as of the 31st October... and the future is looking bleak. Here's to a shitty life ahead.



8 comments:

  1. I'm okay with "friend requested" but I'm totally not with "please inbox/PM me".

    And bitch, I wanted to invite you to my house yesterday (thus the phone call) but I gather yesterday was one of those days huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly, genuinely, did not even know you called. Can't even find the miscall on my phone (Also: not searching hard enough)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh should've known. Too many people were looking for you and you just couldn't be bothered or something like that?

    Ooooiiiii I'm gonna drool over Henry Cavill this Friday after work. Nak join tak?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something like that. Someone even complained about my extended absence to Mak Long, heh. But I just. Can't. Pick. Up. The. Damn. Phone.

    Really need help.

    Friend's wedding on Friday. Henry Cavill? Why does he look so famil- OH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't say you really need help but maybe (and this is only my opinion) you need to start seeing a different sort of people instead of your colleagues and the usual ones?

    I think I have a wedding to attend too this Friday but somehow I convinced myself that Henry Cavill is more important than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The so-called schizoid personality disorder is one of the more blatant examples of the APA’s pathologizing of normal human differences."

    Source:
    http://behaviorismandmentalhealth.com/2010/05/05/personality-disorders-are-not-illnesses/

    *Yeah I'm referencing a blog, totes legit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe, I kinda miss my stupid, no ambition friends. In fact, I really miss them.

    Yeah Korrah, I established what I have is not a disorder, more like a trait. I just have a stronger inclination towards isolation which makes me really pissed off when people insist on meeting up. But it's only a disorder if I literally hole myself up for days on end.

    So yeah. Trait. Which defines it more as a personality type than a life ruining mental condition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey kak aziemah my senior at uitm! mind adding me on fb later? LOLjk

    I saw you on the lecturer's lift talking to pn-something-forgot-her-name during 2008.. i thought you were weird but pretty. cos 90& of the girls i see are malay, baju kurung type. You almost looked like korean... very intriguing. So the internet brought me here. Not a creep but ehhh you seem like a cool person to hang with (cept obv you would think otherwise)
    LOL i sort of admire your satirical writing..tis quite relevant at some points.

    Anyway do more post abt your audit job or whtevz..maybe 'Shit my client say version'

    ReplyDelete