Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer Joy (Impending)

Summer's a'comin', remnants of spring shakes its plethora of colours from its leafy green branches.

There's so many things that can brighten your day in summer. The sun beating down on you, the canvass of pristine white clouds against an encompassing cerulean blue, rays of sunlight cascading from the sky to bask you in that much appreciated warmth especially if the weather's been bitingly cold as of late... and most of all, layers of protruding abdominal fat publicly showcased by the walking heart-attacks who would redefine obesity if they could.

Summer attire, you are the bane of my existence. 

Body-hugging baby-Ts, spaghetti straps and tank tops, miniskirts and summer shorts.

Foreigners are so considerate. How did they know I've been oh-so-eager to see their glaringly obvious stretch marks and that I find it endlessly entertaining to count how many layers of fat they have? (For the purpose of preserving mental health, this math-related, graphic-heavy mind exercise is suitable for those aged 7 and above). Looking at your unshaved underarms and legs also fills me with such happiness and joy.

1 out of 4 people in the UK are overweight, and they're proud of it, damnit. The parade of the morbidly obese will commence within a few weeks and this is when I ask; "Why, God? Why did you only give so very few of them heart attacks this year?"

Have God no mercy on my sanity? Oh wait, swine flu.

My prayers have been answered.

I think the thing I should be noting is the intensity of the sun's rays at times. London is very different from Malaysia. Here, people actually purchase sunglasses to like, use them. Outside. When the sun gets blindingly unbearable (it's a daily occurrence). I mean, who does that? In Malaysia, we wear them inside shopping complexes, because darn it, those KLCC lights are too much for our fragile eyesights! They're goddamn necessities!

Silly Londoners.

Should I purchase a pair or risk reduced eye capacity from rolling my eyes (in glee. When I see another skimpily clad, fat person passing by) and accidentally looking straight into the sun too often?

glasses and summer


A decent pair from a decent brand (Next, Topshop, etc) could range from £5 - £20. Not bad, if you ask me. But then again, I'm saving up for Sennheiser's PX100 or Koss's KSC75. Haven't made up my mind on which of these two headphones to get. Let's label them glasses as luxury items for now. 

My ears > My eyes.

6 comments:

  1. God works in mysterious ways *wani says that with glee*

    i can definitely see what you're saying. it's hard to mask our indifference when we're trying to take it all in. buat-buat macam tak interested tapi sebenarnya dah buat mental note about everything (sebab balik nak bergossip).

    *sighs* i do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss being in a country where people arent so tiny and petite. where i was an actual medium sized person rather than a giant terrorizing tiny lil girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. You're not in Malaysia anymore? Oh man. Who am I gonna stalk now?

    Also, I echo Nurisya's comment. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool ziemah!cool glasses

    ReplyDelete